What is the Secondary Education Blueprint?
By TestAssistant on Mar 6, 2008 12:00 AM
It is a lengthy, collaborative process to create a five-year plan, redesigning education from sixth through 12th grade. Coordinated by the Philadelphia Education Fund, it involves District administrators, outside stakeholders including foundations, and some parents, teachers, and students. Monthly meetings are open to the public.
The blueprint is organized around five “anchors.”
1. Teaching, Instruction and Professional Development
2. Effective, Accountable Leadership
3. Re-engaging Out-of-School Youth and Dropout Prevention
4. Conversion to Small High Schools and Climate Change
5. Career and Technical Education (CTE), University and Industry Partnerships