Donate today!
view counter

Fall 2002 Vol. 10. No. 1 Focus on Multicultural Education

Theme articles

Where to get more help:

By Kate Nelson on Sep 25, 2002 01:31 PM

Child Health Watch (a project of Philadelphia Citizens for Children and Youth): (215) 563-5848, ext. 17. Call for help applying for free or low-cost health insurance for your children.

Education Law Center: (215) 238-6970. Call if you have any trouble enrolling your child or if you have questions about your children’s legal rights regarding education.

Health Care Centers (Philadelphia Department of Public Health, Ambulatory Services): (215) 685-6790. Call for immunizations and health care services at any one of the city’s eight health care centers.

Nationalities Service Center: (215) 893-8400. This agency can help with a /poad range of concerns related to being new to the U.S. They can also refer you to other agencies.

School District of Philadelphia Office of Language Equity Issues (OLEI): (215) 299-7791. This office is responsible for ESOL, Bilingual Education, the Newcomer Center, and translation services for parents. Call with any concerns about these services.

Comments (0)

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.

By using this service you agree not to post material that is obscene, harassing, defamatory, or otherwise objectionable. We reserve the right to delete or remove any material deemed to be in violation of this rule, and to ban anyone who violates this rule. Please see our "Terms of Usage" for more detail concerning your obligations as a user of this service. Reader comments are limited to 500 words. You are fully responsible for the content that you post.

Table of Contents

Read the latest print issue

Philly Ed Feed


Public School Notebook

699 Ranstead St.
Third Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Phone: (215) 839-0082
Fax: (215) 238-2300

© Copyright 2013 The Philadelphia Public School Notebook. All Rights Reserved.
Terms of Usage and Privacy Policy